“Ryuei has the capability to make a cello sound well with all kinds of music. His playing is genre-independent as he emphasizes, fills and boosts up the music”
- Ystads Allehanda, a Swedish local newspaper
- a cellist searching for groove
- a self-taught music producer and composer
- a M.Sc. in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science searching for ways to help cities to make urban life worth living
Cello = groovy?
Yes, the cello can be groovy too!
I’m exploring different ways to incorporate the cello’s sound.
I also compose and arrange cello tracks.
Would you like to collaborate with me?
See some of my works here.
The bands and musicians that I have worked with include:
Sister Fay, Salabim, Sabina Chantouria, Malena Ardevall, Jon Strider, While The City Sleeps, Early Me, Luminous Blue Variables, Tania Wayra, Khala Uma, Elliot Witheart…
I have also appeared in:
A spontaneous jazz session in Terrassa, Spain
What people are saying about me:
“Ryuei has the capability to make cello suits together with different types of music. He plays genre-less cello: emphasize, fill and boost up the music.”
- Ystads Allehanda, a local swedish newspaper
Read the article (Swedish)
“I had the pleasure of working with Ryuei over the last year on a very challenging professional music project. With virtually no preparation, we had to record an album … His motivation, sense of humour and musicality were a constant source of inspiration for everyone”
- Thomas Golzen, Demotape Records
“He is great at following, listening and improvising”
- Elliot Witheart, Singer/songwriter
I am also a full-time student of the MSc. Sustainability Science program at Lund University in Sweden. I am currently working on my master thesis.